How to move to Australia

Moving to Australia is an important choice that involves a long journey, to be planned carefully to avoid unnecessary costs and failures.

Australia, according to research by the OECD, is the best country in the world to live. The growth rates of around 4% per annum, unemployment at 5% and an average annual wage of $ 37,000 Australian dollars, pushing more than 350,000 people each year from the “new America” with the intent to settle , get a job and start a new life.

Although these data are reassuring, Moving to Australia may lead to some difficulties for a number of reasons, such as the presence of language barriers, the strict selection by the Australian Government on immigration and the search for employment.

For this reason we decided to create a tutorial on the topic.

The first consideration for anyone planning to start a new life in Australia is to understand what are the real possibilities, what the project and the way forward is but, before that, the type of visa that you can apply for.

It is essential to have a good level of English that allows you to settle in and bring you into the world of work in Australia.

It is important to be skilled in one area or qualify once you arrive in Australia.

Before embarking on your adventure in Australia, you must have sufficient finances to support the initial living expenses.

Moving to Australia – if you are under 30 years of age

You will have the opportunity to obtain a Working Holiday Visa for a period of a year, which will allow you to work full time and study in Australia for up to 17 weeks.

Once in Australia, you will find a job position that reflects your status or you can choose to get a qualification that suites you. In some cases, especially at a young age, it can also be interesting to assess the possibility of qualifying with a professional course through a Student Visa, and then take full advantage of the Working Holiday Visa.

Moving to Australia – if you are over 30 years of age

The most common option is to apply for a Student Visa that gives you the opportunity to study English or attend a professional course, and work for up to 20 hours per week. You can choose whether to take a course to improve your English, or qualify in any field or upgrade for the qualification that you already own.

Moving to Australia with your family

The school is mandatory for children up to 17 years and a cost of $ 10000/15000 per year. Health coverage has a much higher cost for the whole family. You must also consider that, if the parents are with a student visa,  they can work only 20 hours a week, which makes it even more difficult considering other expenses (house, bills, food, etc.).

If you wish to stay here long term, we must first understand who will be the person in the household on which to “focus on”  to get a sponsor.

Often, it is advisable to one member of the family to undertake this adventure who, once settled and stabilized, then he or she can put the family on to his or her visa. 
It is important to understand that these are general guidelines and each case should be discussed in depth and in detail.

You can consult free of charge by writing, calling or arranging an appointment with one of our education agent.

Contact us

Our help is always free.


106/343 Little Collins Street, MELBOURNE

+61 (03) 9939 7292


Level 17, 327 Pitt Street
Sydney, NSW 2000

+61 (0) 2 9261 8559

Open Hours

Monday 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
Tuesday 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
Wednesday 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
Thursday 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
Friday 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
Saturday Closed


Leave us a message